Saturday, June 6, 2015

Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth

A week ago I asked my Periscope friends to recommend a foundation they loved. One of the first responses was the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy + Smooth. Perfect! Not only could I just swing by Target and grab a bottle but I had never tried it! 



I'm not gonna lie I was a little nervous to try something with the word 'dewy' in the name. My foundation choices usually contain the words 'matte' or 'full coverage' not sure why but I always seem to lean toward those terms when it comes to my makeup. Let me just say before I tell you what I think about this foundation. ONE: This is just my opinion. You might try this foundation and love it, or think its garbage, or think it's nothing like I have described. And that is why I like to try things for myself! TWO: I am no makeup expert. I am just a girl who likes to wear makeup and try new things. Think of it as your best friends thoughts on a makeup.



Okay my honest opinion: I love this for a light summer foundation. It gives you a soft luminous finish, plus it has SPF 18. I love foundations that have sunscreen! I picked the lightest shade available since I am very fair, porcelain 110, and I think it was a pretty decent match. I don't recall wearing a foundation and still being able to see my freckles which I love for summer. I like my freckles and every once in a while I don't mind showing them off! for a light foundation I think it wore very well. I did always use a face primer and powder with it, however I was not applying powder throughout the day. I don't think I would make this my all the time foundation but it will definitely go in the rotation for day trips and light makeup days! And for only around $6 I'll take it. 



The only downside I see is that if you have oily skin the dewy part could be a problem. For me I kind of liked the dewy finish but I could see how that could be a downside for someone with oily skin. The Fit Me Dewy only has a 3.1 rating on Makeup Alley, but I always like to read reviews and remember that it's just one persons opinion. 

Here are some links to more reviews on this foundation so you can get a good variety of opinions! 
This is the first time I've ever given my opinion of a makeup on the blog! Ekkkk! If you want to see me try more makeups, go on my adventures with me, get styling tips, and more be sure to download the Periscope app and follow me! @hellocolie


Hope y'all enjoyed! Let me know what your favorite foundation is in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment